Eachine Assassin 180 FPV Drone Flight Test Review
Added by DroneLover / Posted on %s
This FPV flier includes GPS, OSD, barometer altitude hold, FPV googles, and a Naze32 flight controller.
– Uses proprietary Smart batteries for both the quadcopter and goggles.
– FPV flying in position 1 angle mode seems to be easiest to fly with. Position 3 barometer altitude hold is not very steady. Also GPS lock on is “iffy” and can take some time using precious battery power (Although it was not overlapping the GPS module, maybe the back end of my Runcam was blocking reception of some satellites? ).
– GPS does not have a return to home feature implemented (might be possible with mods to GPS and Naze32?). GPS seems intended mainly to improve altitude hold accuracy.
– Some quality control issues. Mine came with the GPS disconnected and some loose screws. Disconnected GPS seems to be a common theme, and may be due to adhesive failure during storage/shipment.
– FPV goggles are very low resolution. Also, FPV camera produces jello artifacts. Combination of both makes for very blurry video through the goggles making FPV flying somewhat difficult.
– User manual is very sparse. Does not include instructions on assembly or operation of the aircraft.
– Nice carrying case
– Includes three selectable flight modes with flip of Switch C. Position 1 is stabilized “Angle” mode which includes both accelerometer and gyro stabilization along with tilt angle restriction. Position 2 is Horizon Mode with heading lock. Position 3 is Horizon Mode with heading lock and both barometer altitude and GPS hold.
– Very easy and stable flier in position 1 angle mode.
– Naze32 flight controller.
– 3S 1000mah battery gives plenty of power.
– GPS and barometer altitude hold.
– Includes FPV goggles.
– On screen display (OSD) includes remaining battery power, flight time, battery temperature, speed, GPS status, height, course, and low battery warning.
– Nice carrying case.
And here is its flight demonstration review.
Eachine Assassin 180
Camera: 520TVL, supports HD night flight, adjustable camera angle
Brushless motor: 1806-2300KV
Flight controller: Naze 32
Battery: smart battery 3S 1000mAh
Image transmission: 5.8G 600mW 40CH
Propeller: 4 inch
Flight time: 7-9 minutes